2008 TurfMaker 550 – $15,500
Make & Model: TurfMaker 550
Year Model: 2008
History: One Owner
Trailer: 18 FT Ranger RHD L18 Trailer
- 18FT X 82IN
- 12,000 GVWR, 6,000 Per Axle with Brakes on each
- Side Ramps
- Pipe Top Rails
- 14,000LB Capacity Receiver with 2 5/16 Inch Ball
Asking Price: $15,500
Agitation: Mechanical Paddle Blade
Pump: TurfMaker double rotary gear pump
Tank: 550 gallon – Steel
Vanguard 16 HP engine electric start
Reel: Manual Storage
Hose: 200ft TurfMaker Hose
Nozzles: 3 Nozzles
Clear Water Flush with 500 gallon auxiliary tank
I purchased this machine in August 2008 and used it for three seasons following, and it has not been used since. It has between 100 and 150 hours, no more, and is in great shape. It was covered each winter. There is no rust on inside of tank as you can see from the pictures; it was cleaned out after every use. I have the guards that go around the pulleys but elected to keep them off to keep an eye on pulleys and belts. All grease fittings were greased after every third use. The hoses and nozzles were cleaned after each use.
The trailer is like new and wooden planks were water-proofed each year. The 500 gallon poly storage tank is bolted to front of trailer with two heavy duty metal straps. The machine and tank have been placed on trailer for equal weight distribution. I originally purchased this machine as a side business but with increased hours at my full-time job I have been unable to keep it going.
Mulch Capacity per Tank Load:
- 100 % Paper: 300 lbs.
- Blends – Wood Fiber & Paper (Conwed Enviro-Blend or Mat 50-50) 250 lbs.
- 100% Wood Fiber Mulch (Conwed, Mat Inc., or Eco-Fibre): 200 lbs.
- Bonded Fiber Matrix (Conwed 3000, Soil Guard, or Eco Aegis): 150 lbs.
Time Efficiency and Machine Performance:
Loading Time: No Waiting Time to Load All Ingredients.
Typical Fill & Mix Time: About 5 Minutes (less than one minute required to thoroughly mix
Self Filling: Yes
Tank Empty Time with 500 series nozzle: About 4-10 minutes.
Area Covered Per Tank Load:
- 100 % Paper @ 1,200 lbs per acre: 9,080 sq ft
- Blends – Wood Fiber & Paper @ 1,500 lbs/acre rate: 7,260 sq ft
- 100% Wood Fiber Mulch @ 2,000 lbs/acre rate: 4,360 sq ft
- Bonded Fiber Matrix @ 3,000 lbs/acre rate: 2,180 sq ft